M’akola Housing Society (MHS) is an Indigenous housing provider committed to supporting vibrant, diverse communities in British Columbia. Our portfolio spans the entire province and involves property management, asset management, Assisted Living and providing professional consulting services to other service providers.
At MHS, we have energetic and engaged teams. Each member brings a unique approach and skillset, and together we are committed to delivering high-quality service to our tenants and their communities.
Under the supervision of the Regional Property Manager, the Caretaker is responsible for the daily upkeep and minor maintenance of our complexes. The successful candidate will be aware and sensitive to the housing needs of the Indigenous and Non-Indigenous people. The Caretaker represents the M’akola Housing Society and will ensure the Society is represented in a professional, responsible, and respectful way at all times.
This position is Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
M’akola offers the following:
• Competitive salary and annual reviews
• 3 weeks vacation
• Extended health and dental
• Pension plan
• Weekly on-call premium when scheduled
• Responding to tenant requests for repair/maintenance
• Troubleshoot and preform minor repairs/maintenance
• Maintain cleanliness at sites
• Participate in inspections as required
• Assist with unit turnover – cleaning, light repairs/maintenance
• Serving various notices
• Working with outside trades on general maintenance
• Completion of paperwork, inspection forms, work orders and other documentation as required
• Participate in the on-call schedule and responding to emergency calls in the evenings and weekends
• Other related duties as required from time to time
• 3+ years of experience in building maintenance
• Working knowledge of applied trades
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to relay information in a calm, polity and respectful manner to community members
• Experience working with Indigenous communities considered an asset
Information for applicants:
• Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Clean Driver’s Abstract
• Use of your vehicle that can hold at least 100 pounds of equipment (van or truck preferred)
• Clear Criminal Record Check required upon selection
• First Aid – Level 1 (can complete once hired)
We hire employees of all cultures including Indigenous and non-Indigenous. Our Indigenous employees have diverse backgrounds including status, non-status, Metis and Inuit. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and cultures to join our diverse team.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry (please self-identify) as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
Your application was submitted successfully.