M’akola Housing Society (MHS) is an Indigenous housing provider committed to supporting vibrant, diverse communities in British Columbia. Our portfolio spans the entire province and involves property management, asset management, Assisted Living and providing professional consulting services to other service providers.
At MHS, we have energetic and engaged teams. Each member brings a unique approach and skillset, and together we are committed to delivering high-quality service to our tenants and their communities.
Our organization recognizes the following benefits for eligible positions:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Municipal Pension Plan (MPP)
- Medical Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Program includes $250/year
The Junior Property Manager position will care for a portfolio of properties located in the Prince Rupert region. The successful candidate will enjoy working closely with the regional Property Manager and senior leadership to provide coverage for a diverse and changing group. Characteristics of the role are flexibility, agility, teamwork, accountability, striving for excellence and openness to change.
- Assist in providing property management services for assigned portfolio such as unit turnovers, tenancy management, contract administration, procurement, and stakeholder relationships.
- Participate in meetings to discuss tenant patterns and trends, provide ideas for solutions.
- Respond to tenant complaints, concerns, and issues and address them in a timely manner that is well-documented and in compliance with the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Coordinate vendors, contractors and partners to meet service-delivery expectations and maintenance standards.
- Conduct site and unit inspections ensuring standards/regulations (WHMIS, WorkSafe, Bylaw…) are in compliance and that proper maintenance is carried out.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in affordable housing property management or tenant relations
- A combination of education and experience in property management may be considered
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation considered an asset
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Experience working in Indigenous communities an asset.
- Ability to document, maintain records and create databases using MS Office (Excel).
- Demonstrated aptitude in dealing with private and confidential information; uses diplomacy and tact in all interactions.
- Knowledge of budgets and ability to manage monthly costs; this includes liaising with vendors and contractors.
- Must provide Criminal Record Check prior to hiring.
- Willingness to follow M’akola policies and procedures.
We hire employees of all cultures including Indigenous and non-Indigenous. Our Indigenous employees have diverse backgrounds including status, non-status, Metis and Inuit. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and cultures to join our diverse team.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry (please self-identify) as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.