Housing Services Team Lead - Full Time
M’akola Housing Society - Victoria
M’akola Housing Society (MHS) is an Indigenous affordable housing provider committed to supporting vibrant, diverse communities in British Columbia. Our portfolio spans the entire province and involves property management, asset management, Assisted Living and providing professional consulting services to other service providers.
At MHS, we have energetic and engaged teams. Each member brings a unique approach and skillset, and together we are committed to delivering high-quality service to our tenants and their communities.
Our organization recognizes the following benefits for this position:
• Paid vacation and paid sick leave
• Municipal Pension Plan (MPP)
• Extended health benefits, including prescription coverage and dental, among others
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Health & Wellness Program
• Located close to the Galloping Goose and on a major bus route
The Housing Services Team Lead works with the Housing Services team to oversee provincially centralized property management services that include but are not limited to service desk enquiries, tenant applications, rent reviews, and working with the property management software. Reporting to the Housing Services Manager, this position works with the Housing Services team to support the goals of M’akola. This role is integral to all aspects of provincial housing operations and works professionally and collaboratively with stakeholders.
This role is based out of the Victoria Regional Office in Langford and is a permanent, full-time position, Monday – Friday, 35 hours/week.
• Lead provincially centralized property management services including service desk, applications and rent reviews;
• Understand the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA) and take a risk management approach by bringing forward issues and ideas for review and discussion;
• Represent M'akola at conferences, community events and participates in various committees and working groups;
• Work collaboratively with the Housing Services Manager, other agencies and funders to administer operational policies and procedures;
• Monitor workflows of the Housing Services team to identify areas of improvement including any policy or procedure changes that may be required and to help determine allocation of resources;
• Assist with updates to policies, procedures and resources related to Housing Services;
• Provide guidance to the Housing Services team by providing leadership, coaching, and support in consultation with the Housing Services Manager; and
• Additional tasks that may be assigned
• Office Administration/Office Management certificate or diploma;
• Rental Property Management Certification Course;
• At least four years' experience working in a social housing environment;
• Extensive knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and Residential Tenancy Branch processes;
• Knowledge of Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA);
• Knowledge of Arcori property management software and BC Housing Registry considered an asset;
• Experience supervising staff;
• Skilled with computers and with all Microsoft Office 365 programs;
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Highly skilled communicator, remaining calm and professional at all times;
• Excellent customer service skills while maintaining tact and diplomacy at all times;
• Proven conflict resolution and leadership skills;
• Ability to monitor and update procedures and processes;
• Skilled multi-tasker with the ability to change priorities quickly;
• Effective file management and record keeping skills with the ability to maintain detailed records;
• Exhibits cultural sensitivity and awareness;
• Maintains a good work ethic to work independently and appropriately seeks out support/supervision when required; and
• Experience in and with Indigenous communities would be an asset.
• Provide clear Criminal Record Check prior to hiring, costs covered by M’akola
• Willingness to follow M’akola policies and procedures
• Willing to travel for occasional M’akola events
We hire employees of all cultures including Indigenous and non-Indigenous. Our Indigenous employees have diverse backgrounds including status, non-status, Metis and Inuit. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and cultures to join our diverse team.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry (please self-identify) as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For statistical purposes please indicate where you saw this job posting i.e. job site, email etc.
Your application was submitted successfully.